SOLVED: efax, USB modems, and 64-bit Linux

Problem:
CentOS v. 5.4, Intel x86_64 installation, US Robotics USB faxmodem.The
version of efax distributed by CentOS (a 64-bit compile of efax v.
0.9--the latest stable version) will not communicate with the USB modem
properly.

Efax v. 0.9 is known to have difficulties with USB modems (as well as
Winmodems/Linmodems) so Ed Casas suggested I try the development
version, 0.9a.  It was known to work better with USB modems.

It compiled fine in the 64 bit environment, and installed, but produced
a segmentation fault when it tried to send a fax. There is a problem in
the translation to 64 bits.

Solution:
After a bit of thrashing around, Ed discovered a patch Debian had
applied to their power pc version, and suggested I try it in my case.
http://patch-tracker.debian.org/patch/series/view/efax/1:0.9a-19/04crashpowerpc
I downloaded it, applied the patch, and voila!  No more crashes!

If you want to use efax on a 64 bit machine, it looks like this is the
way to do it.

Ed