Re: [efax-users] Configuring efax to ring n times before giving up

Hi,

This part of a fax call is handled by the modem.  I don't know of
any way to program a modem to wait for N rings when originating a
call.

However, you can achieve approximately the same effect by
changing the setting of the modem's carrier-detect timeout
register (S7).  By default this is set to 120 seconds in the efax
default modem initialization string (see the INIT variable in the
fax script).

--
Ed Casas  edc@xxxxxxx   http://www.cce.com