Re: [efax-users] question on config efax

Hi Ed Casas,

Tks for your advice.

> I don't know who put the INCOMINGDIR or OUTGOINGDIR
> variables in
> your /etc/efax.rc.  They are not used in the
> original efax
> distribution, FC2 or FC3.  As far as I can tell,
> they should have
> no effect on the operation of the fax script.

They were there when I read /etc/efax.rc.  Shall I
comment them out?

> As far as the missing /dev/ttyLT0 (presumably a
> Lucent winmodem),
> I suspect you're missing the driver.  You'll have to
> ask the
> Fedora developers why this driver (or device) was
> not picked up
> when upgrading from RH8 to FC2.

This FC2 box has an external modem, not winmodem.
/dev/modem does not exist.  I can create a symbolic
link but I don't know which is the modem device
/tty0/tty1/tty2 etc.  Please advise how to detect it.

TIA

B.R.
Stephen