Re: [efax-users] efax to www.efax.com problem

Hi,

Standard faxes are bi-level ("black-and-white").  The software
used to convert Postscript to fax ("G.3") format (in this case
Ghostscript) must convert the gray-scale images to a 2-level
bitmap at 200x100 or 200x200 dpi.

You can use any TIFF file viewer or editor (e.g. GIMP) to preview
the TIFF file being sent.  If the fax script is properly
configured you can also use the "fax view" command.

The error message indicates that perhaps something is wrong with
the TIFF file. Perhaps Postcript encountered an error during the
conversion process.

--
Ed Casas  edc@xxxxxxx   http://www.cce.com